I’m hungry. This is what I’m craving ATM: HONEY. The next time we visit B‘s family, I am buying a couple jars of Big Island Bees Honey. I love honey! I could eat honey every day, especially with breakfast. It’s awesome on toast, in tea, or in my Greek yogurt. Or on pancakes.
Big Island Bees Honey Sampler Collection – $32
Why Big Island Bees Honey?
- This honey is produced from rare flowers (the ‘Ohia lehua blossom only grows in Hawaii)
- The varieties are all single-floral, which means the bees only harvest from one type of nectar. You’ll get a distinct taste with each one.
- Organic, Raw, Unheated, Unfiltered.
- C’mon, its made on the Big Island of Hawaii!
A girl from my office claims that after she switched to local honey, her allergies got significantly better. I better start feeding this to B, his allergies always flare up when he goes home.
P.S. If any of you are on Oahu, I’ve seen this honey at the Made in Hawaii Festival (August), and at TJ Maxx (Ward). I would also like to say Whole Foods (Kahala) or the fancy/gourmet/organic section in Foodland, but I’m not 100%.
P.P.S. Also for Oahu-ians, they sell Oahu grown local honey at the majority of the major farmers markets. For sure at the Blaisdell (Wednesdays) or at KCC (Saturday mornings).
EDIT: I bet the majority of you guys are okay but FYI, Glossybox doesn’t ship to Hawaii. WAH I’m so sad. What will I do???????? 😦
I’m finally breaking out of my Beauty Sample Box shell. Birchbox is my good ‘ol trusty service but I’ve always wanted to branch out and try something new. I’ve had my eye on GlossyBox for a while but dang! $21/ month! That’s kind of pricey for me.
So I just got this offer in my email and I figured I’d share:
Quick! Only 10 hours left at 8AM Hawaii Time
$60 for 3 months of GlossyBox. That’s not bad, ESPECIALLY if you google Refinery29 coupon codes (hint hint $10 off).
Why did I cave in?
- Coupon Code. Haha.
- It comes out to $16.67 a month. That’s saving $5 on their one-time subscription. Not bad, especially if you want to try something a bit more high-end.
- The upcoming boxes sound really sweet. September’s box will be a Fall Inspirations selection. October will be Luxury of Wellness. And November will be a special R29 selection called the HitKit!
- Said Hit Kit will come with: Missha BB Cream, Phyto Phytonectar Oil, vbeaute Rub-Off Gentle Facial Exfoliator, Lierac Creme Mesolift Moisturizer, Rosebud Lip Balm, plus an extra-special FULL-SIZE gift-with-purchase. Did it just say…BB cream? I’m in.
So…as of 8AM Hawaii time, there were about 10 hours left to snag this deal. I figured, why not?
You don’t need an R29 invite to sign up, but if you’d like an invite just leave a comment and I’ll shoot one over. Have a good day!
It’s almost September and it’s still pretty hot in Hawaii. It actually doesn’t start to get “cooler” until late December/early January, therefore I typically have a year-long love of chilled/ice things.
Which is why, 17 Apart, I truly appreciate this recipe for White Sangria & Ice Pops. I can’t wait to try this!
17 Apart’s White Sangria and Ice Pops. (P.S. They guest posted this on the blog Lot 18, so you’ll have to click through twice for the recipe!)
P.S. 17 Apart is a really really neat blog, I totally recommend perusing through their posts. They’ve got a really cool assortment of DIYs, home/garden tips, and recipes. Check out Tim and Mary’s post about making your own butter!
Some of my good friends are getting married! I’m excited, I love weddings. Weddings are such happy events and I absolutely adore this couple–they are two of the sweetest people I’ve ever met.
As I was browsing through Etsy’s wedding feature, I stumbled upon these beautiful address stamps. They are made by Foryoo Custom Stamps, which are also awesome because they opened on my birthday in 2008 AND they are based out of Honolulu! You guys know how I feel about local (small) businesses. 😀 These would be perfect for wedding/shower or housewarming presents, or if you need a new personal address stamp.