Aww, I think the special printed Birchbox covers are so pretty. 🙂 For my December Birchbox, I got:
Mikaseven’s December 2012 Birchbox
– Juicy Couture, Juicy Couture Fragrance Sample
– amlika Obliphica Nourishing Mask
– ModelCo SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss
– Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream
– Emily’s Chocolate, Chocolate Covered Fortune Cookies
I am really pleased with this box! Why?
– I get to try CC cream,which is supposedly supposed to be the next big thing after BB cream
– That lip gloss looks HUGE
– Chocolate. Mmm. ❤
Other side notes about past Birchboxes:
- That Benefit Facewash/scrub combo was EXCELLENT. It smelled wonderful and the samples lasted forever.
- I have been saving all my fragrance samples and eBaying them as mini fragrance sample lots. Haha.
- I didn’t really care for the Eyeko Fat Eyeliner (which doesn’t seem to be in the Birchbox shop anymore). It applied wonderfully, smudged wonderfully, but setting it was an issue. My sister got the skinny one and she said it was alright. (My favorite liner so far is the Urban Decay 24/7 liner, in Zero/Black and Demolition/Dark Dark Brown)
Merry Christmas Everyone! I got one present early–I was selected for my first Influester box, the Holiday VoxBox! Exciting! I’m sure it’ll be full of all sorts of Holiday/Seasonal goodies which I’ll be sure to blog about once they come in. 🙂 If you’re interested in trying Influester, join me and click here!
Hello everyone! I’m sorry for the lack of posting lately but I’ve been a little busy as of late…
I JUST GOT ENGAGED! 😀
We’ve been celebrating and combined with all of the Christmas festivities and other things going on, I haven’t had the time to post like I used to. And now, I think I’ll be even busier! Wedding Planning, I’m so excited.
Gosh, B even talked to my parents after I told him how it important it was to me/them. I teared up and everything.
On a side note, I hope everyone’s holidays are going great so far! Have you been enjoying the (skinny) peppermint cocktails like I have?
Do any of you enter the Allure Free Stuff Times giveaways? They had a crazy month full of giveaways in August. I entered the contests just for fun but I never really expected to win anything. First 1,100, or 500? Blah oh well.
But whatdyaknow! I actually did win stuff! So far, I’ve won a Wet n Wild Mega Liner Liquid Eyeliner ($2.99). I also just got an email that said I won a Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin Mini ($7.29). Free stuff is free stuff, right?
(The name, “Spin Pin Mini” makes me think it’s a little tiny pen that I twirl around my fingers when I’m bored. )
But actually, it seems like I won a pretty handy holiday party hair accessory. You just twist it in your hair and voila! It works well with fine hair so hurray! I’m going to do my hair like this for our friend’s wedding.
But you can also get a little fancy and do something like this!
Yeah, perhaps these Goody Spin Pin Minis are for me. My hair doesn’t really like being curled all that much.
Are you on instagram? I am! I love that app–it’s like if facebook and tumblr had a good looking baby with equally-good-at-wasting-time skills.
So if you need a really nifty gift for the instagram-addicts in your life, look no further than Photojojo’s collection of Phone Lenses!
1. The Photojojo Phone Lens Series. $49 for all three, for the more “pro” photographers in your life. I like them but they stick out a little bit.
Buy the Photojojo Phone Lens Series at the Photojojo Store!
2. Easy Macro Cell Lens Band. For the more casual photog, $15 and it lets you take the closest close-up pics ever! I like it because it’s easily removable and I’m addicted to taking close-up pictures of my food.
Buy the Easy Macro Cell Lens Band at the Photojojo Store!
3. Jelly Camera Phone Filters. 3 for $15! I think I’m going to break the set up to give to my siblings/cousin. So cute and seems like the most fun!
Buy the Jelly Camera Phone Filters at the Photojojo Store!
I’m so excited that it’s December!!! It’s not too early to make Peppermint Crisp Cocktails, is it?
Peppermint Crisp Cocktails
And all you need is:
– 1 oz white creme de menthe
– 1 oz Kahlua coffee liqueur
Blend the first two, fill with ice cold milk, and add a few ice cubes. Voila! I’d throw in a candy cane and some shaved chocolate over the top. Mmm. I swear, there’s something special about making these (and enjoying them) IN December. Enjoy!