Alrighties! So Birchbox teamed up with Women’s Health for the items in this month’s box to help your beauty routine “get in shape.”
This month, I got:
- Nexxus Youth Renewal Rejuvenating Elixir — it’s for your hair!
- LaFace Laboratories PUR Purifying Facial Wash
- Folle de Joie eau de parfum
- Mirenesse Glossy Kiss
- Simple revitalizing eye roll-on
I like this box! The samples for the hair elixir and face wash look tiny but that’s a full size eye roll-on and lipstick pencil. I guess it balances out. I really like Simple products (essential to me when fighting facial issues) and I LOVE the lip products that Birchbox sends me, so I’ve got a feeling that April will be a happy month in terms of Beauty Discovery. Woohoo!
The one thing I kind of miss are those Birchbox extras. They were small things like a notecard or a piece of chocolate, but I thought they made the box more exciting! Guess I’m just spoiled.
But anyway updates on past items:
- Vasanti Brightenup! Face Rejuvanator – This product is awesome. The package was…about twice the size of the LaFace sample so it’s considered a “deluxe” size. It exfoliates REALLY well. I don’t think I could go back to the St. Ive’s Apricot scrub after using a product like this. The “gritty” parts are really fine and it doesn’t smell weird or sting when I exfoliate. I’ve been using it 3 times a week in the shower since I got this product (February) and I still have some left!
- twistband Headband collection – Okay, I’m sorry I dissed you, twistband Headband. You are WAY better than your regular ponytail sisters. You actually keep my hair in place, don’t slide around, and are super super lightweight, and don’t squeeze the living daylights out of my head. (I wore this while exercising once and it kept my hair in place WAY better than any $10 headband from Lululemon.)
- theBalm Hot Mama Blush & Shadow All-In-One – This product reminds me of the Multiple by Nars. I love it. But if I had to actually go out and buy a product like this, I think I would still buy the Nars one. Sorry, theBalm!