Week 1 is over! *ding ding ding* It was a short week and I dabbled between 3 moisturizers with various SPF ratings. Here’s a quick review of each one:
ONE: Origins A Perfect World SPF 25
– Age-defense moisturizer with White Tea
– 0.5 fl oz (Full Size is 1.7 oz)
– $39.50 at Sephora
SPF rating: 4/5. SPF 25, not bad!
Smell: 4/5. It smelled…organic. From the white tea? Sunscreen smell wasn’t too overpowering.
Texture: 3/5. Blends well but it’s thicker then I prefer. I like lighter moisturizers better but at least it wasn’t greasy!
Bonus: 4/5. Oil Free and Anti-Aging!
*Note: The full size product comes out of a scoopable jar, not a tube.
TWO: Boscia Self-Defense Vital Antioxidant Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30
– Provides UVA/UVB Protection
– 0.5 fl oz (Full Size 1.4 fl oz)
– $36.00 at Sephora
SPF rating: 5/5. SPF 30, even better!
Smell: 4/5. Slight lotion scent but its very faint.
Texture: 4/5. Applies very light! The consistency is kind of watery but it’s still very hydrating.
Bonus: 5/5. UVA and UVB protection, it’s got antioxidants. Music to my ears!
THREE: Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion
– SPF 30 Anti-Aging/Oil Free Moisturizer
– 0.5 fl oz (Full Size 1.7 fl oz)
– $42.00 at Sephora
SPF rating: 5/5. SPF 30
Smell: 2/5. Smells just like Banana Boat sunscreen.
Texture: 2/5. Consistency is on the thicker side. It absorbs quick but blending it in felt like smearing it on my skin.
Bonus: 4/5. Oil Free and Anti Aging
Here’s what they look like before you blend them in. The Origins moisturizer (1) wasn’t too bad, I liked the Boscia (2) the best, and didn’t really care for the Peter Thomas Roth (3) at all, as an everyday moisturizer. I think I’ll end up using that moisturizer on beach days for protection on the way to ocean.
And there you have it! Have a Safe Sun weekend and stay tuned for next week’s sunscreen reviews!
This is the story (DIY Tutorial) for a T-Shirt who was reborn into one of the cutest skirts I’ve ever seen.
That’s a T-SHIRT! Isn’t it ridiculous? It’s almost too cute to be a DIY item. Heck, I’d buy something like that if I saw it in a store! I’m going to “borrow” one of B’s shirts this weekend. He won’t miss it, right? Heehee.
***FYI: I found this Tutorial on a blog that was just closed down (Out of Order Design). The links, pictures, and instructions still show up fine, on my end. Thank you, Web Archive and thank you, Meghan! She’s moved to a nifty new blog called Flight of Fancy. Please check it out!
via OutofOrder Design
In an effort to kick off summer, I went to my local Sephora and picked up…
Yep! Sephora’s Annual Sun Safety Kit. 14 deluxe samples including 2 self tanners, a primer, and a bronzer. My oath for this summer is that I’m going to wear sunscreen every single day. I normally only put on on the weekends or if we’re at the beach, but I’ll wear it if we’re going to the mall, just out for a drive. And I’m promising myself that I’ll also reapply often.
So this nifty little case was $30 (with a $210 retail value, I guess). Here’s one side:
And here’s the other:
I also didn’t feel too bad about buying this because:
Aww, that’s might sweet of you, Sephora!
Here’s what you get in this:
0.03 oz bareMinerals® Original Mineral Veil Broad Spectrum SPF 25
– bareMinerals® Mini Flawless Application Brush
– 0.5 oz Boscia® Self-Defense Antioxidant Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30
– 0.3 oz Clarins UV Plus HP Sunscreen Multi-Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 40
– 0.25 oz Dr. Brandt® Signature Flexitone® BB Cream SPF 30
– 1 Towelette Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare™ Alpha Beta® Glow Pad™
– 0.5 oz Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Daily Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 40
– 0.5 oz Lancôme Bienfait Multi-Vital SPF 30 Cream
– 0.5 oz L’Occitane Immortelle Brightening Hand Care SPF 20
– 0.16 oz Miracle Skin Transformer Miracle Skin Transformer Face SPF 20
– 0.5 oz Ole Henriksen Protect the Truth SPF 50+
– 0.5 oz Origins A Perfect World™ SPF 25 Age-Defense Moisturizer with White Tea
– 0.5 oz Peter Thomas Roth Clinical Skincare Max Sheer Day Moisture Defense® Lotion SPF 30
– 0.169 oz Sephora Collection Age Defy Moisture Cream SPF 15 Sunscreen
– 0.64 oz Ultimate Protection Cream+ Broad Spectrum SPF 50+
– 0.25 oz Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer SPF 20 with Dermaxyl™ Complex
– 1.69 oz St. Tropez One Night Only Instant Glow Body Lotion
– 0.5 oz Tarte Brazilliance Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Self Tanner
– 0.14 oz Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder with Real Cocoa
– Cosmetic bag
Not too shabby for 30 bucks! If you’re a Mikaseven regular, you know that I’m actually a die-hard Japanese sunscreen fan. My absolute favorite sunscreen is from Biore and it looks like this:
SPF 50+ and after it absorbs, my skin feels soft! This baby doesn’t even smell like sunscreen. I love it and whenever I go to Japan, I buy it in the suitcase-load. We’ll see if any of the newcomers in this Sun Safety Kit will become my new favorite. Stay tuned!
I’ve always wanted to try this. ALWAYS! The thought of making apple pies of out apples…aww, it’s just so cute.
And you know…I actually have no idea why I’ve never tried this. From the awesome recipe at Sandra at Recipe Sweet, I learned that you can make this with only 4 ingredients! Apples, Canned Apple Pie filling, Cinnamon, and a ready-made Pie Crust. Ridiculous! I’m going to try and make “pie” this weekend.
Click through for the recipe!
These are the changes that I would make:
– Fuji Apples. I like Fuji Apples the best, but hmm. Are they good for making pie? We shall see!
– I’d really like to use the insides of the apples for the filling. Maybe I’ll chop it up and mix it in also.
I spy with my little eye…
…a pen! That’s different (in a good way). This month, I’ll be getting:
- Cargo Lip Gloss
- La Fresh Oil Free Face Cleanser
- Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle
- CoTZ Face Natural Skin Tone SPF 40
- Pilot Acroball Pure White Pen
My May box has a very evenly distributed bunch of products. 1 Lip, 2 Face, 1 Hair. In my opinion, this box isn’t that exciting but sure is darn practical which I appreciate. Who doesn’t need a spare travel size lip gloss? Or a mini tube of sunscreen? I could always use more face wipes and I welcome new writing instruments with open arms.
Actually–I take it back–I am rather excited to use the Beauty Protector. I’ve been spending more time outdoors lately (site visits) and I would love something to protect my strands just as much as I lather on the sunscreen.
FYI: Birchbox gives you 10 points every time you give feedback on the items on your box. If 100 points = 10 bucks, that’s like $5 every box just to voice your opinions! Thanks to Birchbox points (and promos), I’ve scored an awesome Nude Eyeshadow Palette from theBalm, Dr. Dennis Gross Moisturizer, and Strivectin Dark Circle Eliminating Eye Cream. So don’t forget to type away!