Dang, it’s been hot in Hawaii this past week. Good thing I have lots of sunscreen to try! Here’s a quick recap of the products I tested during Week 2/3.
ONE: Clarins Paris UV Plus HP Ecran Multi-Protection Broad Spectrum Sunscreen
– SPF 40
– Full Size comes in a bottle
– $40.00 at Sephora
SPF rating: 5/5. SPF 40! (I’ve been giving anything above SPF 30 a 5/5 but the more the better)
Smell: 5/5. Faintly smells like lotion but not like sunscreen.
Texture: 5/5. Watery consistency that was easy to apply and blend in. It felt soft to the touch afterwards.
Bonus: 5/5. Oil Free and Anti-Pollution!
TWO: Ole Henrikson Protect the Truth Vitamin C SPF 50+
– Broad Spectrum with Solar Active Complex
– Wear under your moisturizer
– $35.00 at Sephora
SPF rating: 5/5. SPF 50!
Smell: 4/5. Smells like sunscreen mixed with a Vitamin C cream. Not bad, just interesting.
Texture: 3/5. Applies very light and dry to the touch but afterwards, my face felt rather oily. (Thicker then I prefer)
Bonus: 4/5. Broad Spectrum, Environmental Protection, and Vitamin C for firming/brightening.
THREE: Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer
– Broad Spectrum SPF 40
– Handy Pump Bottle
– $32.00 at Sephora (Full Size)
SPF rating: 5/5. SPF 40!
Smell: 4/5. Smells like sunscreen mixed with…Argan Oil! The Argan Oil is the stronger smell.
Texture: 5/5. Very Very light, spreads very easily. A bit tacky to the touch but not too bad.
Bonus: 5/5. Broad Spectrum, Natural, Anti-Aging~
FOUR: L’Occitane En Provence Soin Des Mains Lumiere Brightening Hand Care
– SPF 15/20 (Bottle shows SPF20 but Website shows SPF15? Confused.)
– Part of the Immortelle line
– $27.00 at Sephora
SPF rating: 2/5. SPF 20 is okay, not bad for a hand cream. I feel like I’d rather rub sunscreen on my hands instead (cheaper?)
Smell: 5/5. Smells just like other L’Occitane hand creams.
Texture: 5/5. Thicker and very moisturizing. Exactly what a hand cream should be.
Bonus: 3/5. Broad Spectrum and Brightening.
This week compared two sunscreens, a moisturizer with SPF, and a hand cream.
- As far as sunscreen goes, I LOVED the Clarins formula for everyday use. I don’t think I’d mind using the Ole Henrikson formula, especially on Beach Days when I’d apply more sunscreen later and oilyness wasn’t an issue…but I think I’d pass on actually buying the product.
- I was surprised by how much I liked the Josie Maran moisturizer! Whenever I got Argan Oil samples, I never really cared for them. I should try again.
- That SPF hand cream was actually great! I really liked using it, I just can’t justify paying $27 for a hand cream.
I’m excited for next week! I think it’s finally time to break out the BB creams.