Sorry everyone, this is sort of late—I just found out that Sephora has had their annual Sun Safety Kit out for a while now! It’s no longer available online but there’s a product locator available on the product page. Hopefully there’s a kit in your area! I got lucky—there’s a kit at my local mall. *whew!* This kit is something I look forward to getting every Summer.
This year’s kit includes 16 samples of the sunscreen, self-tanning, and bronzing variety in a cute travel bag. Plus, $20 from the sale of each kit ($32) benefits the Skin Cancer Foundation.
- 0.06 oz Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta® Daily Glow Moisture
- 0.5 oz Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense® Lotion
- 0.14 oz Too Faced® Chocolate Soleil Medium/Deep Matte Bronzer
- 0.3 oz Clarins UV Plus HP Multi-Purpose Broad Spectrum SPF 40 Sunscreen
- 0.33 oz Murad® Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 PA++
- 0.5 oz Tarte™ Brazilliance Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Self Tanner
- 0.23 oz Stila Stay All Day® 10-in-1 HD Bronzing Beauty Balm Broad-Spectrum SPF 30
- Dr. Dennis Gross™ Alpha Beta® Glow Pad
- 0.15 oz bareMinerals READY Touch Up Veil Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Translucent
- 1.69 oz St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse
- 0.5 oz Origins A Perfect World™ SPF 25 Age-Defense Moisturizer
- 1 oz Supergoop! Sun-Defying Sunscreen Oil Broad Spectrum SPF 50
- 0.64 oz Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ For Face
- 0.5 oz Algenist Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF 20
- 0.08 oz Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15
- 0.5 oz Ole Henriksen Protect the Truth SPF 50+ Broad Spectrum UV Protection
- Travel bag
Some of the items are repeats from last year but I’m really looking forward to the new items! I spy a Stila BB (woo!), something from Supergoop (double woo! SPF 50!), and an Algenist product! I’m really looking forward to that one—I got to try an Algenist eye cream a while ago and it was divine.
Are any of you planning on picking up this kit? Or have any of you already got it? I think this is a great way to kick off summer. :]
Sweet! My second VoxBox of 2014 is the GoVoxBox and it’s definitely the best VoxBox that I’ve gotten so far. My GoVoxBox came in an Influenster branded box that always brings a smile to my face when I check the mail. (I kind of miss the bright orange packaging that my first VoxBox came in) *Before we begin—I got all of these products from Influenster complimentary for testing purposes. 😀 Alright! So now that that’s out of the way—this is what I got in the GoVoxBox.
- PROFOOT Triad Orthotic: $10.49
- PROFOOT Pedi-Rock: $8.99 I’m a big fan of PROFOOT products. I get them at my local Walmart! They get the job done and they’re cheap enough to replace when I need to get new ones. I like the 3/4 length of the orthotic because they feel more comfortable in my shoes but I also feel that they don’t stay in place as well (even with adhesive). I LOVE the Pedi-Rock! The shape makes it easier to use and it’s really good at getting all the dead skin off of my feet. It’s rather shameful—sometimes my heels are EXTREMELY cracked and dry since I’m always wearing sandals (yay Hawaii weather)—so the Pedi-Rock will be a welcome addition to my shower regimen. …
- Playtex Sport Fresh Balance: $3.99-$4.99 I haven’t tried this yet but I’m rather happy with it just from opening the box. Usually, I feel like scented products are OVERKILL and give me a headache but this one is true to its word—it really is lightly scented. It’s a good balance, I’m a fan already! …
- Blue Diamond Fruit Flavored Almonds: $3.19 I got the Blueberry flavor and OMG. These are DELICIOUS! I was excited to get this because almonds are my snack of choice. I usually stick to the Cocoa or Vanilla roasted ones (a great alternative for chocolate when you’re craving) but the flavor of the blueberry one is really refreshing but not too sweet. I think it’s my new favorite! I’ve never seen these in stores so hopefully, I stumble upon some soon. They also come in Strawberry and Raspberry also. …
- Muller Greek Yogurt: $1.29 I’ve never tried this brand of greek yogurt but it looks good! The coupon is good for one of 3 varieties—Greek Corner, Corner (regular yogurt), and FrutUp. …
- Aqua Spa Relax Collection: Lavender Bath Soak $9.99 I got the Bath Soak (some GoVoxBoxes had a Body Creme) and I’m very happy with what I got. I’m going to fill my tub and not think about email for a full 30 minutes. Make it…45. The smell is pleasant without being overbearing, I like it so far (even if I’m not too keen on Lavender). …
- Vitamin Shoppe Next Step Weight Management Shakes + Blender Bottle I’m really excited to try these! The flavors I got are Swiss Chocolate, French Vanilla, and Fresh Berries. They’re all 140 calories per packet with 14g of Protein, 1g of Sugar (WONDERFUL!), AND 6g of Fiber. It sounds wonderful! I think I might add some almond milk to my shakes to make them a little more creamy.
————————————– So, what did you think? I’m in LOVE with all of the products that were in this VoxBox. My favorite are the shakes but I’m head over heels in love with the almonds and hopefully the yogurt (can you tell that my stomach makes a lot of my decisions?). Stay tuned for some item specific reviews!
Hey everyone, I’m back! We had the best honeymoon I could ever have asked for. Beautiful blue skies, sailing over a crystal clear, blue sea…..*sigh* It was great! And we finished off with a little time in the city before we headed home. I got home and my May Birchbox was waiting for me (among other things, stay tuned!).
May 2014’s Birchbox is focused on Energy + Action! (I’m definitely feeling that right now—I wrote the draft for this from my room in Times Square and there’s LOTS of energy and action downstairs!)
It’s that time of year when everything, from our tiny window boxes to the giant trees in the park, is bursting into action. With this much freshness in the air, is it any wonder we can’t seem to sit still? Accordingly, we’re tossing out the rules and taking a playful approach to everything from our beauty routine to our weekend uniform.
This month, Birchbox sent me:
- Keratase Cristalliste Fine Sample Packet with Shampoo and Conditioner
- Cynthia Rowley Beauty Eyeliner (!!!)
- Noya Lip Gloss
- Perlier Body Cream
- Supergoop! Everyday SPF 30 with Cellular Response
This. Box. Is. Awesome!!!
- I’m excited for the Shampoo and Conditioner—it’s formulated specifically for long, straight, and fine hair. That fits me to a T.
- I’ve been DYING to get that Cynthia Rowley Eyeliner ever since Birchbox announced that they were carrying her beauty products—but I’m slightly bummed because I tend not to wear eyeliner while my eyelash extensions are in. Hmm. Am I planning to stop, soon?
- The Noya Lip Gloss will be a welcome addition to my purse. The gloss samples that I’ve been carrying around with me are a bit too dark, for my taste.
- I will also appreciate the Body Cream—traveling has been an enlightening experience! The air is so much different on the East Coast…it’s WAY drier then it is back home. My skin has been so dry!
- Also interested in the Supergoop line—I have the SPF eye cream but I’ve been afraid to buy the sunscreen/moisturizer because I’m not too fond thick creams nor the sunscreen smell. I’m glad I get to give this line a chance!
And there you have it! Did you guys get anything good in this month’s box? Hurray! I’m writing this post so late, June’s box is right around the corner!
Good Morning Lovelies!
Just letting you know that I’ll be going on vacation (our honeymoon, woo-hoo!) and my blog will be as well! I’m not sure when I’ll have internet access while we’re abroad but I might be able to sneak in a few posts here and there.
But, before I step out, I wanted to leave you guys with a sneak peek with what’s coming up for May and June.
- May and June 2014 Birchboxes
- NEW REVIEW: Urthbox
Urthbox features Non-GMO, all natural, and organic products. Every box includes a full-size product! I’ve heard good things about this box and I can’t wait to try it. There are 4 options: Classic, Vegan, Diet, and Gluten-Free. They all seem interesting but I think I’m going to go with the classic box so that I can try a big range of products.
- NEW REVIEW: From the Lab
From the Lab is a monthly subscription service that sends you up to three 30-day sized products of high end beauty products every month. The products could either be skin care, hair care, or color cosmetics. I’m really excited to try this box! Skin care is one of my absolute favorite things to sample new products and I’m really interested to see what these “European Beauty Labs” have sent us each month.
That’s all I can think of but I’m sure there’ll be a lot more when I come back! I’d love to do Stitch Fix #3, a bunch of travel posts, a bunch of Hawaii things since I’ll be sure to miss home…woo, I’m excited! I hope everyone has a wonderful month full of May flowers. Aloha! Or should I be saying Ciao?
Sunrise in Venice, Italy
It feels awfully nice to be rewarded for doing a good job. 🙂 Thank you, Influenster!
So, since I did well doing all of the Optic White VoxBox tasks, I won a “Brand Challenge Reward VoxBox.” That’s a mouthful! Here’s what was in the box:
Same box that the regular Optic White products came in~
- A cute little card from Influenster with a congratulatory note and #hashtags (they really like hashtags)
- 1 Colgate Optic White Toothbrush with a built in whiten pen
- 1 bottle of Optic White Toothpaste
- 1 bottle of Optic White Mouthwash
That mouthwash and I aren’t the greatest of friends but we’ll make nice. I really do like the Optic White toothpaste and hurray! That toothbrush was surpsingly really comfortable.