Woo-hoo! So I got my Total Beauty Collection Boxes (or rather, bags) in the mail. I ordered 3 of them (and paid only $20, score!)—-the Bombshell, the Anti-Aging, and the Summer Prep Grab Bags.
I was super curious about Total Beauty—I’ve seen them around but I don’t really see any reviews for them…And $20 for 3 bags with 4-5 items in it (mostly full size) sounded way too good to be true!
I opened the box….and it was a bit of a mess. B was there—he made several jokes about something throwing up. *SIGH* Man humor, sometimes.
I was really hoping that the products would be….I don’t know. In bags? But I guess not—everything was thrown in (a bit carelessly) so I have no idea what products go with what grab bag. Supposedly, this is $60 worth of merchandise.
I grouped them as best as I could:
- Kitsch Hair Tyes
- Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Pink Lemonade
- Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Sorbet
- Revlon Colorstay Eyeshadow Quad in Sea Mist
- Revlon Colorstay Nail Enamel in Tradewinds
- NYX Roll On Shimmer in Light Blue
- Skiinshop Soothing and Smoothing Eyecream
- Cotz Healthy Mineral Complex (x 2)
- Suntegrity Natural Moisturizing Face Sunscreen & Primer Packets (x 4)
- Elan Veda Skim Renue Anti Aging Serum
- Juara Candlenut Body Creme
- pur-lisse pur-protect Essential Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 (x 2)
- Neutrogena Naturals Lip Balm
- Gleam Body Radiance Self Tanner
- Semi di Lino Diamante Illuminating Hair Serum
- 100% Pure Honey & Virgin Coconut Restorative Shampoo
- Nelsonj Argan Oil 7 Styling Conditioner
- Nelsonj Argan Oil 7 Hair Masks (x 3)
That Cotz packaging is so strange! Inside, it says that you can buy the product at TotalBeauty.com….but this is a sticker, covering up the Birchbox label. So does Total Beauty get Birchbox seconds, or what? I really like the Cotz BB Cream because it’s SPF 40 and it’s really smooth—it gives my skin an airbrushed effect with the awesome bonus of sun protection (or is it the other way around? Haha) but now, in the back of my mind, I’m wondering about the age (and effectiveness) of some of these samples.
Can you kind of make out which items go with each grab bag? I can! I’m glad that the Summer Prep included all those sunscreen items—sunscreen is a MUST HAVE for my beauty regimen. I was rather happy to get 2 tubes of that purlisse sunscreen (their website quotes this product for $55! What?! Ridiculous!!!) and those hair masks—it’s been so stinking humid/hot here (90s still!) that I’ve been swimming more. Chlorine. Blech.
The Revlon items were just okay for me—I think I might gift them or put them up on a swap site.
So overall, what did you guys think? I feel like I definitely got my money’s worth (esp with 2 purlisse tubes haha), even if the presentation was a bit lacking. Not sure if I would subscribe to a regular box/bag service from Total Beauty but I would definitely purchase grab bags again if they did another promo like this one! Did anyone else place an order? There were several bags that I was hoping to get but were sold out at the time I placed mine~