Warning: This will be a post almost entirely about eyeliner. (FUN! Are you as excited as I am? If I had to pick one product to use exclusively for the rest of my life, It’d be eyeliner. Definitely eyeliner.)
Skin Food is a skincare and makeup brand that’s been around since 1957 in Korea. I’ve seen the products around but they aren’t as available to me in Hawaii, definitely not like Nature Republic or the Face Shop, so I was eager to try out their products. Also, I think everything I bought was on sale. Haha! I can’t turn down sales. D:
From the left:
- Black Bean Lip Line Pencils – Shades 2 and 3. There are black bean nutrients/extracts in the formula that are supposedly very moisturizing. One side has the product and there’s a little handy built in lip brush on the other side. The colors I got are a pinky rose and a nude rose–they go on VERY sheer on my lips and they last a LONG TIME. I absolutely love them–I kind of wish I got the coral and red shades also.
- Seaweed Waterproof Auto Eyeliner – Deep Sea Black. Marine names for marine based products–isn’t that cute? Auto Eyeliner means that’s got a mechanical twist to move the product up so no more sharpening. I *think* there’s something in the cover that sharpens it, kind of like the Smashbox Always Sharp Kohl Liner series, but I’m not entirely sure. Glides on well and it seems like it’s easy to smudge while retaining it’s staying power.
- Seaweed Waterproof Auto Eyeliner – Sparkling Mocha, Black, Golden Fish Tale. These were on sale so I bought them–I think there might be a little break in the stick cause the products fell out after I took the caps off. Oh well–they are so cute! There are little flecks of glitter in the pigments. I wish the golden color had more pigmentation though–instead of an eyeliner, I smoothed it over my eyelid for a little bit of sparkle and color.
- Mineral Lashliner – 03 Black. It claims its smudge-proof and soft siding, it also comes with a little…plastic smudger? That’s also double-sided as a sharpener, so that’s cool.
- Viva-Waterproof Tip Pen Eyeliner – Black. This eyeliner series had a brown and also a three tipped marker for different eyeliner looks. This one is a classic brush shape that REALLY reminds me of the Kat Von D eyeliner that I absolutely LOVE. Hope the formula stacks up but we’ll see!
They also gave me a little Snoopy x Skin Food cosmetics pouch also, so cute! I love Korea and I love Korean makeup. This was my last Korean haul — I don’t seem to splurge on makeup like this while I’m in Japan, so I’ll most likely be switching back to my tried and true Sephora makeup products after these are all tried and gone. Qualified for VIB this year so woohoo! Sales!