To celebrate the New Year (Happy 2016 YAY!), Target released 2 Beauty Boxes for January: Renewal and Refresh. I couldn’t help it, I ordered both and so far, I’ve only received Renewal. This box cost $7 with 5% off and free shipping if you’re a Target Red Card member. I wish this box was a monthly subscription but it seems to be one-time purchases…AND lately, they’ve been offering one (sometimes two of we’re lucky) beauty box every month so… c’mon Target, help a girl out!
Here’s what’s in the box:
- Attitude 2-in-1 Shampoo/Body Wash – Sample packet. Attitude sounds like a very conscious brand!
- Attitude Volume and Shine Shampoo – Sample packet. Carcinogen-free and hypoallergenic. Both Attitude products are vegan and not tested on animals.
- Caress Love Forever Body Wash – Features fragrance release pearls. Everytime you touch your skin, a burst of perfume will be released, all day long.
- Laneige BB Cushion Sampler – Comes with a puff and 3 shades to swatch. I’m impressed!!! If you look closely at the packet, it seems like Laneige is part of the AmorePacific brand.
- Degree Women Fresh Energy Dry Spray – FULL SIZE. I’m not a big fan of using this product by itself but I do like to spray this over regular stick deodorant if I’m moving a lot. Especially great for yoga!
- Scrunchi No Slip Grip Braided Headwrap – Mine came in a magenta color. The fit was a bit too loose but it was still comfortable. I’ll also use this for yoga.
- Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer – I’m torn on these! They REALLY moisturize your skin but for me (and my climate), it’s kind of thick and heavy. If I put it on sparingly, it’ll be okay for Hawaii Winter/Spring but definitely not for Summer and Fall. I do like the scent though.
- Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara – FULL SIZE. This mascara promises it all! I don’t recall the last time I used a Revlon mascara (I typically reach for Maybelline) so I’m really interested to try this out. I feel like most Target beauty boxes include at least 1 full-size mascara so I always feel like I get my money’s worth!
- Hado Labo Tokyo Anti-Aging Facial Mask – FULL SIZE (1 mask). This product is described as a bottle of serum in a mask form–I’m really excited! This is another brand that I didn’t know that Target carries. (I wonder now, is this an online exclusive?) This is a bit heavier but it moisturizes like nobody’s business. For warmer climates, this is a GREAT product to use after a day at the beach. The serum is heavenly.
My favorite item in this box is definitely the Laneige BB Cushion. I tend to shy away from BB Cushions because I normally only see them with Korean brands such as FaceShop, Nature Republic, and Etude House and the skin shades are really really light. I’m so glad the Laneige product comes in darker colors! I’ve never seen it in my local Target–I wonder if it’s in the same section as their Boots No.7 products, or perhaps in the more natural section near the Pacifica and Burts Bee stuff. I’ll have to take a better look.
What do you guys think? I’m even more excited to get the next Beauty Box in the mail!