I always look forward to buying Sephora’s Sun Safety kit because A: SPF should be a part of EVERYONE’s regimens and B: Charity! $20 of $35 from the sale of these kits go towards the Skin Cancer Foundation. (But also secretly C: I am addicted to samples.)
The 2016 kits came out rather late this year (I think sometime in June) and I am also reviewing this even later–it’s already mid-July!
This year’s kit includes:
– 0.23 oz ALGENIST Sublime Defense Anti‐Aging Blurring Moisturizer SPF 30
– 0.35 oz BOSCIA B.B. Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 27 PA++
– 0.3 oz CLARINS UV Plus Anti‐Pollution SPF 50 Sunscreen
– 0.34 oz COOLA Makeup Setting Spray SPF30
– 0.17 oz DR. JART+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45
– 0.25 oz DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE Dark Spot Sun Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen
– 0.7 oz FRESH® Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15
– 0.25 oz KATE SOMERVILLE Daily Deflector Moisturizer, Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ PA+++
– 0.25 oz MDSOLARSCIENCES Mineral Crème SPF 50
– 0.17 oz MURAD® Invisiblur™ Perfecting Shield Broad Spectrum SPF30 | PA+++
– 0.5 oz PETER THOMAS ROTH Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense® Lotion SPF 30
– 0.6 oz SHISEIDO Ultimate Sun Protection Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ Water Resistant (80 Minutes) Sunscreen WetForce
– 1.69 oz ST. TROPEZ Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion
– 0.5 oz Supergoop!® Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50
– 0.23 oz Tarteguard 30 Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30
– Beach bag
The first thing that I thought was oh thank goodness–the bag is actually cute and I’ll probably use it! I tend to add the kit bags to my ‘give-to-sister’ pile but not this year because I like the color. I kind of wish the bags didn’t have so much plastic on each side but I think it’ll still be useful for packing (summer vacay anyone?).
There are a few repeats from prior kits…some samples that are definitely welcomed (Clarins Fresh Murad WOOHOO) and some that I am tired of (Peter Thomas Roth I’m looking at you!). The new ones are really interesting! There’s that Tarteguard that seems to be in all sorts of SPF themed boxes this year and a MDsolarsciences creme that has a very high SPF. I’m always stoked to get COOLA products, Kate Somerville, and Algenist in my sample kits so those are pluses.
The only product that I’m [already] slightly disappointed in is the Supergoop! Setting Mist. It sounds AMAZING on paper but it never really performs for me (I bought it from Birchbox earlier this year). It has a smell and I feel like the spray gets clogged a lot. It also has a presence on my skin once applied, and I really dislike the feeling of it in my hair. D:
Are you guys going to pick one up this year? I feel like these last all summer (I also rotate with my regular SPFs) and if I have any left over, I layer them with thicker moisturizers into Fall. Or if they get a little older, they make really great moisturizers for your hands. YAY for multi-tasking!