I was running low on moisturizer last week, so I stopped by the Face Shop…I caved and FINALLY bought that Smim moisturizer. Yes, you’re reading that correctly. The….Smim. Doesn’t it sound straight out of a Dr. Seuss book?
- Herb Day 365 Cleansing Foam – Mung Beans
- the smim – Radiating Moisture Emulsion
- Sample: seed in seed core seed Purifying Essence (serum)
- Sample: Chia Seed Sebum Control Moisture cream (oil-free)
- Sample: Natural Sun Sebum Control SPF 40 PA+++ sunscreen
I decided to spend the $39 (eek!) on that Smim Moisturizer because it’s SO light and I never feel oily and clogged after wearing it, even for long periods of time. We are FULL into summer in Hawaii and I have been way more oily then normal—I need a moisturizer that hydrates but is as light as possible. The lightest moisturizer that I’ve tried is Clinique’s Dramatically Different Gel, which I like…but I wanted something different. Also, I find that the smim emulsion is a tad bit lighter feeling AND it smells way better. It’s pricier than Clinique’s gel but I like it a lot more! From what I understand, this product isn’t entirely oil-free, but I haven’t felt any oiler (and my skin hasn’t broken out) since using this product.
the smim radiating moisturizing essence (the product I bought is taller than this)
- Flawless Skin with Moisture Radiance
- An Essence restoring moisturized radiance from inside the skin with deep moisturization by naturally fermented kefir.
- Cloud berry growing in extreme regions and kefir infuse moisture deep into the skin and bring out the full potential of radiance of the skin to rejuvenate as if it has been newly born.
- The formula containing shining granules spreads smoothly and restores moisture and radiance to the skin the moment it is applied.
The other product I bought was a steal at $5—it was a basic foaming cleanser. The formula is Mung Beans which is for all skin types but particularly oily ones (from what the Face Shop girl told me). I really like this one! It’s not as drying as the peach one I tried, and the smell is really pleasant. It’s not too strong. My skin feels really clean and soft (but not stripped dry) after using this product. Plus, it’s only $5!
Herb Day 365 Cleansing Foam – Mung Beans
- Enriched with skin softening mung beans
- For all skin type
Yay, a great haul from the Face Shop! I think I’ll be returning to buy that sebum control sunscreen—it had a nice, dry finish. I think I like it better than the my all-time favorite Biore sunscreen, for everyday/shopping/etc. Shocker! the Face Shop also has a compact, sponge sunscreen with a bit of a tint (that’s still SPF 50)—I think I might go and try that too. I hope the tint is sheer enough, I’ve been going to the beach every other weekend and I’m way darker than usual.
I love Korean products, they feel so nice on your skin. If you’ve got any Korean/Face Shop favorites, please feel free to share! :3
I have been draaaaaaaaaging lately…which is why I headed over to the Face Shop for a $10 pick-me-up! Refreshing (and cheap!) Korean skincare products always brighten my day. 🙂
- Green Tea Moisturizing Hand Gel
- Rice Water Brightening Solution (sample)
- Green Tea Toner & Lotion (sample)
- Bamboo Face Mask
- Chia Seed Serum (sample)
- White Secret Whitening Body Lotion (sample)
- Baby Face Wash Off Mask (sample)
- Herb Day 395 Cleansing Foam (sample)
- Paraffin Nutrition Nail Pack
Thank you, Face Shop ladies, for the samples! 🙂
I’m on the fence with the hand gel. I like it because it’s moisturizing yet light but it tends to leave my hands a little tacky afterwards. I picked a gel instead of a traditional cream/lotion because I’ve previously been using a really thick one that left my fingers rather greasy. Two ends of the spectrum! I should blend them together. 😛
I am a huge fan of the Face Shop’s masks. I put one on, collapse on the couch, and chill. out. I emerge from zen mode feeling very refreshed with happy skin! It also helps that these are $2 each. I haven’t tried the Bamboo one yet (I really like the lemon one) but I plan on using it with the nail pack! Ahhh 30 minutes of relaxing. I can’t wait.
I came back to the Face Shop because I really enjoyed Haul #1 and I was in need of some facial cleanser. I ended up buying two. *sigh*
My brother, who introduced me to the Face Shop products, has been hunting their elusive (and extremely popular Peach foaming cleanser for a while now so I must be lucky or something….they just restocked 15 minutes before I came in! Score!
The left is a basic cleanser in Peach ($5.00) and the right is a whitening/brightening formula in White Tea ($12.00). I love these! They’re really creamy and not nearly as drying as some American foam cleanser formulas that I’ve tried. My favorite part is the smell–they are HEAVENLY. The peach one has just the right amount of fruity scent (without being too overwhelming or perfume-y) and the White Tea one is very light, fresh, and refreshing. No wonder these are two products are in such high demand!
I also ended up buying this:
CC Cream! This is the Face Shop’s Face it brand (makeup line) and it’s the Aura Control Color Cream in Medium Beige ($34.00). It’s got SPF 30 Pa++ and comes in a really cute little compact. See that little sticker? You push down until the formula comes out then apply it with that sponge. It goes on silky smooth and surprisingly, matches my skintone (which is interesting because I’m significantly darker than the average Korean, who these lines are designed for. But hurray! All the better. :D) This product is also usually sold out, so I was really fortunate to be able to scoop one up.
Now for the fun part–samples! The Face Shop is really good at luring you back to buy their products. I swear, they’re one of the most generous sample givers ever.
Yup, that’s right. Everything else (besides the cleansers and CC cream) was free! From the top right,
- Pomegranate Facial Mask
- Nail Polish – Dark Mocha
- Raspberry Roots Depuffing Eye Gel
- Raspberry Roots Sleeping Mask
- Baby Face Wash Off Mask – Pore Care Pack
- White Secret Whitening Body Essence
- Green Tea Toner & Lotion Kit
- The Smim Radiating Mosturizing Essence
- The Smim Fermented Concentrate Total Treatment
- The Smim Radiating Moisturizing Cream
Yes. The Smim. (Can you imagine the ??? floating above my head?) I have no idea what it means but it’s got a #1 Allure Magazine (Korea?) Best of Beauty 2013 Editor’s Pick icon on it! So interesting, I can’t wait to sample. 🙂
Today was a leisurely day. Did some errands, took my little brother out to lunch, bought some interesting Korean Skincare products from The Face Shop… *sigh* It was a good day.
The Face Shop started in Korea and they carry a line of skincare and cosmetics designed with the “balance of nature” in mind. There are more than 100+ stores in Korea and they’ve got stores in most Asian countries. Thankfully, there are now three stores in Hawaii!
My brother and I just went to browse and here’s what I walked away with today:
From the top left, going clockwise:
- Raspberry Roots Collagen Eye Patch – Intense eye lift mask with Himalayan Raspberry Root Extract and Marine Collagen – $5.00
- Real Nature Mask, Lemon – Made with 1,000 mg (of lemon?), this is a brightening mask sheet containing fresh lemon extract bursting with vitamin C to densely penetrate the skin and brighten dull skin tone while maintaining its translucense – $2.00
- Raspberry Roots Depuffing Eye Gel Sample – Refreshing eye gel with Raspberry Root and other Plant Extracts helps reduce puffiness.
- Green Tea Toner & Lotion Kit Sample
- Herb Day 365 Cleansing Foam Sample in Acerola (Cherry)
- Bright Eyes Modeling Gel Patch – To reduce dark circles and provide relief for tired eyes, $5.00
Yes, you read correctly. I only spent like 12 bucks and I’m actually wearing my Gel Eye Patches right now (It’s really refreshing! Especially on hot days like these, *sigh* My eyes feel a lot less puffy, also!).
I’m so glad that they gave me a sample of their skincare products — I’ve heard amazing things about their moisturizers and cleansers. Ever watch Korean dramas? Everyone has WONDERFUL, clear skin, even the guys. K-Drama stars will be my inspiration to up the ante on my skincare regime.
I’ll be returning to try out more skincare products, their sunscreen (will it beat out my Japanese one?), and definitely more facial masks. The only thing that I was a bit disappointed with is that they don’t have many shades of BB or CC creams. If you’re a natural beige, you’ll be in heaven! But if you’re something closer to Medium, like I am, then you’re out of luck. (It’s okay, let’s buy a lot of wonderful creamy cleanser to make ourselves feel better.)